Patients & Visitors
Patient Focused Care
St. Luke's Hospital patients have access to advanced technology and a healthcare plan
specifically designed for their successful treatment and recovery. From admission until
discharge and beyond, St. Luke's teammates focus on exceptional care, close to home.
Keep up with your personal health information by using My St. Luke's Chart. We've made accessing your health records easy, but your information is still entirely private and confidential. See and manage lab results, perscriptions, billing, immunizations records, surgical history, past procedures, discharge instructions and more.
Click Here to fill out our official online application.
Floor Tech PR# 9006
Position: Floor Tech
Position Type: Full Time
Standard Weekly Hours: 40
We are currently seeking to add a new part time floor tech to our environmental services department.
The Floor technician is responsible for daily floor care of hospital and designated clinics. The floor care will include daily scrubbing and burnishing; stripping and finishing hard floors; extracting and cleaning carpets. Use of cleaning devises such as walk behind scrubbers, burnishers, and carpet extractors.
Daily cleaning and supplying patient rooms, nursing stations, lounges, restrooms, offices, lobbies, and any other assigned areas. Keep in accordance with Environmental Services Departmental standard procedures and policies. Use cleaning devices including microfiber wet and dry mops, dusters, vacuum cleaners, chemicals, and other housekeeping supplies.
1. Performing floor care functions in assigned areas following departmental standard procedures.
• Cleaning corridors and rooms with walk behind scrubber.
• Burnishing corridors and rooms with walk behind burnisher.
• Stripping floor finish from hard floors.
• Laying floor finish on hard floors.
• Extracting and cleaning carpets.
• Stripping wax and dirt from baseboards.
• Vacuuming carpeting floors.
2. Perform cleaning functions in assigned areas following departmental standard procedures.
• Dust horizontal surfaces
• Empty waste baskets and remove trash
• Damp wipe and clean all furniture
• Sanitize and polish all metal and porcelain fixtures
• Dry and wet mop floors
• Clean walls, windows, and baseboards
• Clean lights, vents, and other ceiling fixtures
• Clean and make beds
3. Assist in cleaning of emergency spills.
4. Maintain equipment (clean and report repairs when needed).
5. Demonstrate the correct use of chemicals, supplies, and tools.
6. Recognize potential age-related patient needs.
7. Follow St. Luke's Guiding Behaviors.
Required knowledge, skills, & abilities:
1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. Ability to read, write, and keep accurate records.
3. Ability to scan and maintain par levels throughout supply closets.
4. Ability to use a computer for checking email, employee education, and timekeeping.
5. Good oral and verbal communication skills.
6. Demonstrate ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
7. Willing to learn medical terminology and hospital supply routines.
8. Willingness to cover down in a needed position to assist the team.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Background check and drug screenings are required for new team members.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Night
Ref Code: 9006
101 Hospital Drive
Columbus, NC 28722